Thursday, September 8, 2011

Free : LDC 2011

This summer was very memorable for me because I was able to attend Red Cross’s Leadership Development Center once again. This year is was at Santa Clara University, a campus that was beautiful. I was able to be recertified in CPR and First Aid. I was in the Purple Grapes clan, the most awesome group ever. Though in the beginning it was kind of awkward since we didn’t know each other, after the three days, I felt so close to them in a way I have never really felt with others. We did so many memorable things together.

For our clan anthem, we sang “The Grape Life” a modified version of “The Good Life” by One Republic. For our skit, we put a twist to Snow White, where she becomes Snow Purple and instead of the Seven Dwarves, there were the Seven Principles of the Red Cross –Humanity, Individuality, Neutrality, Impartiality, Voluntary Service, Unity, and Universality. During the dance competition, we danced to Lady Gaga’s Edge of Glory. I had an awesome time and the people in my group were just so sweet. I was so touched that each and every single one of us got out of our comfort zone and was able to participate in the discussions and search and rescue, giving their all. After LDC was over, I had a hard time adjusting back to normal day life because I missed my grapes of much that I watched the dance video like thirty times.
I MISS MY GRAPES, CHRISTINE HO, SARAH LYNNE PENALOSA, BRANDON KAN, KEVIN HONG, JOAN BARCELONA, JESSICA HUANG, YUWEN LI, CHRISTINA BELLEMARIPOSA NWABUZOH, CHARISSE MAE SALCEDO, BRYAN CHING, BRIAN ZHANG, JIN MEI, AND SARAAVYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment