Friday, October 21, 2011

RE: to Nancy's My Neighbor Totoro

This relationship creates a more of a minor relationship that Miyazaki always creates in almost every movie. -Nancy Tieu

Looking at Nancy's posts brings back many memories of my childhood. My Neighbor Totoro is one of my favorite films of all times; I used to have to DVD and watch it over and over again, but I lost it somehow :(. This shows really appealed to me; Totoro and the cat were to big and fluffy. It was interesting how the kids could see the spirits. It shows that kids are capable of seeing things that adults cannot. My favorite parts were when Totoro helped the two sisters to overcome their obstacles. He helped their plants that were showing no signs of growth to sprout. It was touching how the two sisters got into a fight and the Totoro and his friends helped the older one find the younger one who went to deliver somethng to her mom at the hosptal.

I also love all the other films by this director such as Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Porco Rosso, Ponyo, Spirited Away, and Spirited Away. After watching all these I'm not surprised that Hayao Miyazaki is so reknowned. His films have also been translated into many other languages. It is amazing how he can come up with such appealing lots. I also have to mention that the original soundtracks are excellent due to the compositions by Joe Hisaishi. All of Hayao Miyazaki's films are must watches; his films are so creative and intrigung that you get so dragged into them that you will just want to watch them over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment