Tuesday, September 29, 2009

disneyworld


This past summer I went to Walt Disneyworld with my brother and my sister. I estimate the plane ride to Orlando, Florida to be about 6 hours long, so I was constantly moving around in my seat. The plane stopped at Las Vegas and New Orleans before stopping in Orlando. While I was on the plane, I was kind of scared because the plane wasn't going smoothly due to the bad weather. I had a window seat and I saw a flash of lightning in the distance. I was so scared; I thought that I might die.

Thankfully, I arrived safely to the airport. I took the Walt Disney Express to the Disney's Pop Century Resort. The resort was decorated with huge figures like a music list, bowling pins, etc. Beyond the check-in counter there was the food court which sold a variety of food like pasta, ice cream, salad, desserts, and more. During my six day stay there, I went to four parks; I went to Epcot, MGM studios, Animal Kingdom, and Magic Kingdom. I spent about 10 hours a day at each park. In the beginning, I was tired while in the parks due to the time difference. The week I was there, the weather was unusual and it was raining on and off in the afternoons.

I loved to go on all the big rides like Aerosmith's Rock'n'Rollercoaster, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Soarin', Mission: Space, etc. Twilight Zone was the scariest because you are in an elevator and get dropped a few times. Soarin' was educational because you got to "soar" over various landscapes across California like Napa Valley and the Golden Gate Bridge with the last destination as Disneyland. My favorite attraction in all the parks was the American Idol Experience where you get to listen to people sing and vote on who you thought was the best. There were many shows during the day and the final one was at 7PM with all the winniers from the previous shows. Sadly, the person I voted for didn't win. The winner was a girl named Holly, who won a ticket to get in the front of any line for an American Idol audition in the US. She was from Britain, so I don't know why she would need that ticket. My trip was really memorable and I hope to go back there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment