Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Detetive Conan




Recently, I have been watching this anime series called Detective Conan that consists of over four hundred episodes and it is still currently airing. The plot of this series is a teen detective named Jimmy Kudo, who gets shrunken into a little boy due to a poisonous drug given to him by mysterious men in black. He takes the alias Conan Edogawa in order to protect those around him in case the men found out that he didn't die, but instead, reverted back into childhood. He solves crimes in hopes that he might find a lead to the men in black and get his old body back. His motto is "with a keen eye for details, one truth prevails".

This is a series full of suspense and horror like all other shows that investigate murder. It is amazing how he solves crimes with the little information he finds. Since people don't take a child seriously, Conan always has to knock out another person (usually Detective Moore) with his watch that shoots out needles. He then uses his bowtie that can change his choice to make it appear as if that other person solved the crime when he was the one behind pulling the strings.

I find Detective Conan to be very similar to other crime solving mysteries such as Murder She Wrote; the only differences are that Detective Conan is not gory and it’s a cartoon. Whenever, I watch it, I always try to guess who the murderer is, but I am always wrong. I have noticed a pattern though; I noticed that most of the time the murderer is the person that appears to be the most innocent. So far I am only on episode 83 even after so many weeks. I wonder how long it will take for me to catch up and be in sync with the most recent episode. There are also a lot of Detective Conan movies that I have not yet watched.

1 comment: