Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quickwrite- Writing Groups

Some of the things that I would like to get out of writing more collaboratively with peers are
-being able to get helpful opinions and evaluations of my writing
-having progress towards having writer's block less often
-having an opportunity to look at how others write and what they write about
-receiving ideas on topics to write about
I want to able to learn new things with the help of others.

Some things that I am willing to contribute to a writing group are my time and effort. I am willing to play my part in helping others to become better writers. Some specific things that I can do is proofread their work. I can voice my opinions if they are suitable and if the people in my group want to hear them. I can also check for grammar mistakes and incorrect sentence structures. Something really helpful is commenting on their posts. Since I have started blogging, I only commented once on someone's post. The comment was not even advice on writing. I feel bad about giving writing advice though because it makes me feel hypocritical. I feel like giving advice is criticizing someone's hard work and they might take offense to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment